Dental Implants at Dennis T. Nagata, DDS
If you have lost all your teeth, unsecured, traditional dentures are a solution which in many cases has limited success. At times painful, inconvenient and instable, such dentures can make chewing foods difficult, which could stop you from eating many of the foods you once enjoyed. However, modern dentistry has solutions to suit a variety of needs. The All-on-4 treatment option is one such solution.
An efficient treatment option-All on 4 treatment
The All-on-4 treatment concept replaces your missing teeth with a full dental bridge supported by only four dental implants. With less implants needed, overall treatment time is reduced. The unique All-on-4 solution also ensures greater stability in the bone, reducing the need for bone graft surgery to increase bone volume.
Typically, your dentist can place temporary provisional teeth on the same day after treatment. These provisional teeth look and feel much like natural teeth, and you can lead a normal life immediately after surgery. After a few weeks healing time, your dentist will place your final bridge. Your quality of life is improved, and you can start enjoying your favourite foods again.
Dental implants offer you many advantages
- A cost effective solution. Your new replacement teeth require only four implants for each jaw. With fewer implants required, the cost is lowered.
- Reduced need for bone grafting. The special tilting of two of the implants ensures a secure and stable anchorage for the replaced arch, typically making bone grafting unnecessary.
- Faster treatment and healing time. Your replacement arch can be attached to your implants immediately after insertion. There is no need to wait for healing time between surgery and tooth replacement.
- Flexible options. You can choose a final prosthetic solution that is best for you, such as a fixed option (one with highest durability and chewing function, but cannot be removed) or a removable option (can be removed by you for easy cleaning).
- Scientifically proven and documented. All-on-4 is supported by good clinical outcomes from studies in which four implants have been inserted to support a full replacement arch. The tilting of implants has been used in clinical practice for over a decade with favorable results.
- Variety of replacement options.
- High stability with only four implants.
- You have a choice between a fixed or a removable final replacement arch.
- This special implant, anchored at an angle, offers improved support and stability for your replacement arch.